As a New Year’s resolution for 2015 the PVA committee are seeking groups in and around Prestwood so we can promote them on the site each month. This is our first example written by Mike Kitching on behalf of Prestwood Colts. If you would like your group promoted then please contact us to learn how it works. _______________________________________________________________________
Prestwood Colts & Girls FC
Prestwood Colts & Girls FC was formed in the 1960’s to encourage young players to learn football skills. The club offers football training and competition for boys and girls with age ranging from Under 6 (U6) to Under 18 (U18) Youth football.
Where possible the club will enter more than one team into an age group in our leagues and to offer our football to a wide ability range, not just those who are “good” at football, but to include those who enjoy playing and training with their friends.
Currently the club has over 200 players aged 5-18yrs from the Prestwood and Great Missenden area, with some players travelling from Chesham, Aylesbury, High Wycombe and the surrounding area. We are fortunate to have a core team of committed volunteers, mainly parents, providing the General Management Committee, Team Managers, Coaches, First Aiders, Referees and other club services.
The Club colours are claret and sky blue and teams play in the following leagues:
- U6 – In accordance with FA guidelines do not play competitive football, but are encouraged to learn basic football skills
- U7 – U12 – South Bucks Mini Soccer Conference
- U13 – U16 – The Bullseye Print & Awards Wycombe & South Bucks Minor Football League
- U17 – U18 – South Bucks Youth League
The relevant age for each player is determined by his or her age as at midnight on 31 August of the relevant playing season. i.e. Children who are aged 6 as at midnight on 31 August in a playing season together with those who attain the age of 6 during the playing season shall be classed as Under 7 players for that playing season. Children who are aged 7 as at midnight on 31 August in a playing season shall be classed as Under 8 players for that playing season, and so on. Further policy details can be found here on the South Buck Minor Football League site.
In 2010 the Clubs commitment to the highest standards of organisation, management, child welfare and excellence in coaching have led to the award of the FA Charter Standard.
Where do we play?
We are based at Prestwood Common, Nairwood Lane in Prestwood (HP16 0QF), although we use several other facilities including Prestwood Lodge School and Sprinters Astroturf training pitch (HP16 9QY). We also use the facilities of Prestwood FC.
Annual Presentation Weekend (5-7th June 2015)
The highlight of the Club’s year is the Annual Presentation Weekend when we hold an intra-tournament from U6’s through to Youth as well as a coaches/parents tournament which is always fun for the children to watch!
The main aim of the weekend is to have some fun but, more importantly, recognise the achievement of all the children throughout the year.
Fund Raising and Sponsorship
The club is a non profit making organisation and relies on subscriptions, grants, fund-raising activities, donations and sponsorship to meet operating costs. All officer, management and coaching posts work on a voluntary basis and; therefore, unpaid. We have policy of inclusion to endeavour to ensure that as many players as possible can participate in training and matches.
We want to be a truly village club open and available to all children from all areas of the community and welcome new members at any point during the season.
We are always grateful for the generosity of our sponsors to help us raise the necessary funds each year. Most sponsorships are one-off contributions towards team kit and in exchange sponsors details are displayed on the team shirts and details advertised on the club website. We welcome new sponsors.
Current Sponsorship Opportunities
There are presently a few sponsorship opportunities available:
A new sponsor is required for the U14s to allow them to buy a much needed new kit.
- £600 is the normal amount with usual logo advertising on the kit
- Further advertising via Club website and Facebook page
- A chance to sponsor one of our proposed new goal posts as part of an investment in the club’s future:
- £130 per 6ftx12ft mini soccer goal for the U6-U10s (Up to 8 in total with 2 kind sponsors already)
- £500 per goal for the new aluminium foldable 16ftx7ft (9v9) goalpost U11-13s (2 required)
- Advertising via Club website and Facebook page
There may also be an opportunity to sponsor or donate items towards the Annual Presentation Weekend.
- U11’s were promoted to Division 2 at the half way point of the season. A fantastic results and testament of the children’s and coaches hard work and commitment.
- On 17th December, an event organised by one of the parents (Claire Germain) planning to run the London Marathon in support of Tommy’s baby charity, based at London’s St Thomas’ Hospital, saw Santa and his Elf raise money through sausage sandwiches, hot drinks as well as a comical beat the Goalkeeper Elf competition (follow the link for the article)
Follow this link to Claire’s sponsorship page.
The club are keen to recruit players and are now accepting applications for the new intake for next season’s U6s.
In particular, the club are recruiting for next season’s U13s (i.e. any player eligible for the U12 team this season). We would also welcome players for our current U9 team.
The Club website: www.prestwoodcolts.org (Click contact us for suitable details)
The Club Facebook group page (Closed group for members, invited guests and sponsors only): www.facebook.com/groups/PrestwoodColts/
If you are interested in sponsorship or donations please send an email to the Publicity/Sponsorship/Social Secretary (Mike Kitching) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks for reading from all at Prestwood Colts & Girls FC and Prestwood Colts Panthers FC.
Article Submitted by Mike Kitching (Prestwood Colts & Girls FC Publicity/Sponsorship/Social Secretary)