Between 3pm on Sunday 21st September and 6am on Monday 22nd September a theft from a vehicle took place on Westrick Walk. Unknown offenders removed the spare wheel from underneath the vehicle.
If you saw anyone suspicious in the area around this time or have any information please contact PCSO C9783 Ging via the Thames Valley Police Enquiry Centre on 101 quoting reference number No 43140193635. If you don’t want to speak directly to the police you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
To help to try and prevent other thefts and to ensure that your car is not an appealing target for a thief, we are asking you to be extra vigilant and consider your vehicle security.
1. Ensure your car is always left locked and secure.
2. Do not leave possessions in your car, whether valuable or not. A thief wouldn’t know the bag left on the back seat only contains a gym kit for example.
3. Remove sat navs from your car, including the cradle and the suction mark from the window. A thief will expect to find it hidden in the glove compartment or under the seat!
4. Do not leave valuables in your boot.
5. Anti Tamper Proof screws for number plates are available from Vehicle Accessory shops.